The Music Industry

a qwriting.qc.cuny.edu blog

Technology has really put the invention of cassettes to BED! Thank Goodness! – November 8, 2010 Readings

Filed under: Uncategorized — 4everyoung at 3:07 am on Monday, November 29, 2010

I’m an 80’s baby and very proud of it! Being an 80’s baby, and growing up in a home where all different types of music were constantly being played, I can also recall vividly the technology used to play the music. When I was growing up, I remember my parents having an A-track player. Although it was rarely used, I always thought it was an interesting piece of equipment. When I no longer saw my parents playing Bob Marley or Whitney Houston on an A-track, I remember being intrigued by the needle on the turn table that played music records. I guess I was just amazed by the fact that I could never comprehend how a needle could play songs like “I Wanna Dance with Somebody” or “Dancing on the Sealing”. Nonetheless, when my parents would play these songs, I would dance, sing, and do all these crazy moves just to hear the record jump; now, that was the most annoying part of the record player. I clearly remember getting upset when the needle would jump and having to pick up the needle to place it back on the record. This required skills, because it was always very difficult to find the exact place where the needle was. I guess you can say, as a 6 year old, I never had skills because I could never find my place and would always have to start the song all the way from the beginning. What was also equally annoying about the record player was when the record would skip. God forbid you scratched your record and tried to play your favorite song – the song would get stuck and just continue to repeat itself until you walked over to the needle, picked it up, and moved it over from the part of the record that was scratched. Just like the A-track, the record player I don’t miss at all.

As the 80’s were coming to an end and still having a deep passion for music, I remember seeing a cassette tape and cassette player for the very first time. Immediately, I loved it because this time I could dance, jump, hope, and skip without any consequence. Unlike the record player, a cassette tape couldn’t skip and for that reason, I LOVED THE CASSETTE PLAYER. However, my love for cassette tapes would quickly come to an end and become equally annoying as a record player. What I despised most about cassette tapes was the “search”. For example, if you loved song number 3 and song number 5, you would have to rewind and fast forward to get to your song. Sometimes, this would take almost 15 minutes; either you would pass the song or not get close enough to the song. A-NNOY-ING!

Today when I think about all the silly things I had to do just to listen to my favorite songs, I realize how fortunate people today are. Children no longer have to “search” for their songs or be careful when dancing to their favorite songs. Technology has become so sophisticated, that one can just press a number or speak the song they want to hear and their song will play. What’s more amazing about today’s music and its technology, is the fact that music is now digital. Music being digital has endless possibilities and it’s much more durable. I can remember rewinding my favorite song so much that my cassette tape popped. I can also recollect the days when I had to purchase an entire new CD because it was scratched and could no longer play. These days, with music going digital, as long as your device is working, your music is there for eternity. Thank goodness technology has really put the invention of cassettes and everything before it to BED!

22

Marya Tambawala

December 4, 2010 @ 7:17 pm

Your post was really fun to read. I don’t remember the record player with the needle, but I do remember listening to Michael Jackson cassettes! Everything in your post goes to show the consumer’s incessant preference for convenience over anything else. The demand for convenience got us where we are today…the iPod. I can’t imagine anything being more convenient, compact, and easy to use as the iPod, but I’m sure someone will come up with something…it’s just a matter of time.

23

jstrick

December 6, 2010 @ 3:29 pm

Your posts are always so much fun to read!

I’m only 20, so although we have a record player in our house, it’s more of a museum piece for show than anything else. Cassettes never really had much of a place in my life. I remember yanking the tape out and playing with it and my parents yelling at me. I’m so glad to be one of the iPod generation. By the time I was really getting into music in my early teens I had a convenient alternative to the cassette to play with.

craftsman chainsaw chain replacement

September 20, 2014 @ 11:12 pm

craftsman chainsaw chain replacement

craftsman chainsaw repair manual

September 22, 2014 @ 11:40 pm

craftsman chainsaw repair manual

Eye Luminous Reviews

September 23, 2014 @ 12:14 am

Eye Luminous Reviews

example.internetdevels.com

October 4, 2014 @ 7:56 am

example.internetdevels.com

acoustic guitar

October 5, 2014 @ 9:16 am

acoustic guitar

Bedroom Colors For Couples

October 14, 2014 @ 11:27 am

Bedroom Colors For Couples

used car blog

November 4, 2014 @ 11:10 pm

used car blog

reputation management

January 3, 2015 @ 9:44 pm

reputation management

bistriy kredit saratov 1

February 20, 2015 @ 4:53 am

bistriy kredit saratov 1

adam regiaba yola site

August 30, 2015 @ 2:32 pm

adam regiaba yola site

2015duisentence.webgarden.com

October 13, 2015 @ 8:34 pm

2015duisentence.webgarden.com

yellmy.com

October 14, 2015 @ 10:31 am

yellmy.com

http://51.la

November 23, 2015 @ 12:09 pm

http://51.la

Haz Click Aquí

November 27, 2015 @ 5:50 am

Haz Click Aquí

reformas integrales casas valencia

November 28, 2015 @ 2:50 am

reformas integrales casas valencia

reformapisobcn2.exteen.com

November 28, 2015 @ 2:54 am

reformapisobcn2.exteen.com

ver esto

November 28, 2015 @ 2:59 am

ver esto

Reformas Integrales De Pisos En Oviedo

November 28, 2015 @ 3:04 am

Reformas Integrales De Pisos En Oviedo

cobalia reformas integrales valencia

November 28, 2015 @ 3:18 am

cobalia reformas integrales valencia

cocotte minute robot moulinex masterchef gourmet

November 28, 2015 @ 3:34 am

official source

November 28, 2015 @ 11:40 am

official source

Echa un vistazo

November 30, 2015 @ 1:44 pm

Echa un vistazo

asociacion de cerrajeros de

December 17, 2015 @ 10:18 am

asociacion de cerrajeros de

Just click on the website until it comes

January 3, 2016 @ 9:42 pm

racing games

February 20, 2016 @ 5:54 pm

racing games

Read the Full Report

March 5, 2016 @ 2:38 am

Read the Full Report

fat burner sst

June 28, 2016 @ 5:42 am

fat burner sst

The Music Industry » Technology has really put the invention of cassettes to BED! Thank Goodness! – November 8, 2010 Readings

buy bulk car paper piecing

September 9, 2016 @ 9:29 pm

buy bulk car paper piecing

sell bulk auto note investors

September 18, 2016 @ 4:04 am

sell bulk auto note investors

non performing real estate note buyers

September 18, 2016 @ 10:23 am

non performing real estate note buyers

buy bulk auto paper dispenser

September 18, 2016 @ 7:43 pm

buy bulk auto paper dispenser

autobuk.com

February 8, 2017 @ 3:48 pm

autobuk.com

where to buy auto notes

March 12, 2017 @ 1:16 pm

where to buy auto notes

buy here pay here auto note buyers

March 16, 2017 @ 10:52 pm

buy here pay here auto note buyers

Teagardins Online Head Shop | E-Juice | Glass Oil Rigs

March 22, 2017 @ 3:51 am

sell auto paper

March 22, 2017 @ 8:32 am

sell auto paper

mac réparation

April 4, 2017 @ 12:59 pm

mac réparation

buy bulk auto notes by wellspring

April 6, 2017 @ 2:52 am

buy bulk auto notes by wellspring

sell bulk auto paper plates

April 6, 2017 @ 4:30 am

sell bulk auto paper plates

sell bulk car notes calculator

April 8, 2017 @ 1:55 pm

sell bulk car notes calculator

Bulk Auto Notes Buyers

April 23, 2017 @ 6:37 am

Bulk Auto Notes Buyers

buy bulk car paper cut

April 25, 2017 @ 10:58 pm

buy bulk car paper cut

sell bulk car paper

April 26, 2017 @ 6:28 am

sell bulk car paper

looking for non performing note buyers

April 27, 2017 @ 2:16 pm

looking for non performing note buyers

auto bulk purchasing florida

April 27, 2017 @ 6:34 pm

auto bulk purchasing florida

sell auto papers in pa

April 28, 2017 @ 5:32 am

sell auto papers in pa

buy bulk car paper floor

April 29, 2017 @ 5:41 pm

buy bulk car paper floor

sell your unpaid invoices

May 1, 2017 @ 8:27 am

sell your unpaid invoices

These People Discovered Create Karma The Hard Way

May 10, 2017 @ 11:26 pm

เสาเข็ม เจาะ เยื้อง ศูนย์

May 15, 2017 @ 1:37 am

เสาเข็ม เจาะ เยื้อง ศูนย์

รับสร้างบ้าน นครสวรรค์

August 6, 2017 @ 2:36 am

รับสร้างบ้าน นครสวรรค์

leathers jackets

August 8, 2017 @ 1:24 am

leathers jackets

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.